We take our user's privacy very seriously and will never, ever expose any personal details. All personal indentifiable information on these questions here are carefully removed and published only after getting permission from user.

Physical abuse by wife and son

Asked by Male, 53, Married
How do I deal with physical abuse by my wife and son?
Thumb 325
Salma Prabhu
Clinical Psychologist


Thank you for finally asking for help. It must have become so unbearable that finally u have tried to find a solution.

As I can see ur age is 53,which means this abuse is going on for many years.
Your son has just learnt it from your wife, to whom u have allowed to abuse u physically for so many years.

I am sure u have expressed ur pain to them many times. And u also must have thought of taking a step many times to put a stop to this.

Physical abuse, whether to a human or animal is when the abuser has no respect for you. Here it also says in ur case that u have lost respect for yourself.

First make yourself strong. Be ready to stick to the he decisions you make, then take the help of a friend who can help you by talking to a friend in police or a social organisation like street mukti. These organisation also help men who r abused.

Let the social workers intervene and help u by talking to the family and even if consequences are involved.

Remember if u be a doormat people bound to walk over you.

Come out of your comfort zone and take a step.

They have taken u for granted and they know u shall not retaliate, so they r continuing.

You r the one who has to take the step. Approach an organisation personally. Go and talk to them.

I look forward to your self respect regained.

With magical love


Speak with a Relationship Counselor today
  • Anonymous and Convenient. Free Trial Available.
  • Send Unlimited Messages to your dedicated Counselor.
  • Book a Phone Session