We take our user's privacy very seriously and will never, ever expose any personal details. All personal indentifiable information on these questions here are carefully removed and published only after getting permission from user.

Husband relocated and wants divorce now!

Asked by Female, 33, Married
My husband has relocated to different places a year ago. I stayed back here along with my 3 years old son because of my job. From quite some time my husband started feeling lonely and came to a situation that he concludes that he is happy alone and do not want to continue this relationship anymore. I don't know what to do. He is keen about divorce and recently he made me sign a mutual consent form.
Thumb 341
Kiran Lakhani
Counselling Psychologist


Thank you for writing in to us. Happy to help.

I have read what you shared and I can understand you are going through a tough time in your life. Most of it results from confusion about your marital relationship.

What you have penned down is that your husband moved, he felt aline, he liked being alone, made you sign divorce papers and then is sad about leaving you. It would really help if you cam share what you want? What is it that you are looking for in this relationship or in this divorce?

If it's just a concern towards you husband than I understand and the best solution is talk about all the issues which are popping up now and then. If you feel that both of you can't have a conversation visit a marital therapist to get clarity.

The phase that you are going through most of the women are going through these days because they want to be independent and it's difficult to find mutually acceptable soltutions.

I am sure when you take time out and think about it peacefully you will be able to find a solution which is best for both of you and also agreeable to both of you.

Get back to me if you want answers to any more queries.

All the best.

Speak with a Relationship Counselor today
  • Anonymous and Convenient. Free Trial Available.
  • Send Unlimited Messages to your dedicated Counselor.
  • Book a Phone Session