We take our user's privacy very seriously and will never, ever expose any personal details. All personal indentifiable information on these questions here are carefully removed and published only after getting permission from user.

Husband unable to get erection, feels guilty and frustrated

Asked by Female, 34, Married
I have an emotionally close relationship with my husband. However, he is unable to make love to me as he does not get an erection. Should I see a urologist?
Thumb 325
Salma Prabhu
Clinical Psychologist


Thank you for replying back and also giving more details, especially regarding the love and the closeness that you both share. I can imagine his frustration, because of not being able to have a sex life. He seems to have come to terms with his needs. The laughter is just a defence mechanism to cover his own feelings of helplessness..
My dear, it is time to see a sexologist. Do not delay.

Speak with a Relationship Counselor today
  • Anonymous and Convenient. Free Trial Available.
  • Send Unlimited Messages to your dedicated Counselor.
  • Book a Phone Session